In this 1.5hr session you will receive training on the tablesaw and chopsaw. Upon completion of this class, you will be certified to use the woodshop independently.
Who is this class for?
Woodshop certification is for members who are 18 or older and have this level of expertise in the woodshop:
If you are an expert woodworker, please see Alain Navaratne for a rapid-certification.
To be able to:
- Learn the 'house rules' of the woodshop
- Learn how to safely use the tablesaw and chopsaw
Once certified a member will be able to:
- use the table saw and chop saw independently
- use the woodshop respectfully including cleaning
Membership Types and Access to the Woodshop
Once certified a member will be able to use the woodshop independently depending on membership type:
- Certified library card members will have access to the woodshop during the hours of 10am-6pm Tuesday to Thursday and 10am-5pm Friday and Saturday
- Certified members who have red entry badges will have access to the woodshop for 22hrs a days, 7 days a week.
Teacher: Erik Sundell