Who is this class for?
Rigid Heddle Loom Certification is for members who have this level of weaving expertise:
- Beginners Age 18+
Basic introduction to weaving utilizing rigid heddle table loom. This session will teach you how to warp and weave on a Cricket Loom using tabby weaving. You will gain an understanding of weaving terminology and hand manipulations to alter design. There will be brief discussion about yarn type and finishing methods. At the end of the session, you will have woven a small sample. Use of loom and yarn included.
To be able to:
- warp and weave on a Cricket Loom using tabby weaving
- learn weaving terminology
- learn hand manipulations to alter design
- know yarn types and finishing methods
You will learn the 'house rules' of the textiles lab
Once certified a member will be able to:
- Apply skills from this certification session to work independently in the textiles lab on the cricket looms
- Use the rigid heddle loom respectfully
Membership Types and Access to the Rigid Heddle Weaving Looms
Once certified a member will be able to use the rigid heddle loom independently depending on membership type:
- Certified library card members will have access to the rigid heddle looms during the hours of 10am-6pm Tuesday to Thursday and 10am-5pm Friday and Saturday
- Certified members who have red entry badges will have access to the rigid heddle looms for 22hrs a days, 7 days a week.
Teacher: Mary Madison