Students will learn how to:
- Prepare the space for papermaking
- Learn about the paper beater
- Fill beater with appropriate amount of water
- Beat pulp
- Pull pulp and put in tub
- Use mold and deckle to make sheets
- Couch sheets onto interface/felt
- Press water out of sheets
- Put paper on rack for drying
- Clean up and maintain the work space
Students will become certified to use the paper beater independently. Make some usable paper!
Teacher: Scott Sampson
Scott Sampson has a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
MAC Members Register HERE
A benefit of your PPLD library card is a FREE membership to the MAC Makerspace. Join in-person at the Manitou Art Center.