Find-A-Grave can be an invaluable tool for providing you with information and clues on your ancestors and their extended family. Think you already know Find-A-Grave? Perhaps not as well as you might believe. This class will cover all you need to know about Find-A-Grave from basic to advanced functions as well as how you can use Find-A-Grave to help others in their research.
Covered in the class will be:
- Getting Started: Community rules, FAQ, support, other links, tutorials, how it works
- Basics: Searching memorials, creating an account, editing and linking memorials, messaging vs email
- Intermediate: Creating memorials, adding photos, requesting photos
- Advanced: Transferring memorials, merging memorials, cenotaphs, formatting entries, saving to Ancestry of FamilySearch
- Other: Leaving flowers, sponsoring a memorial, setting up favorite and virtual cemeteries, paying it forward